This year, we are asking you to celebrate eco-sensitive, green Diwali in your community.
How to celebrate eco-sensitive diwali?
- Share food, sweets and clothes with the lesser privileged.
- Donate for relief operations in Karnataka.
- Instead of individual celebration prefer community celebration in a open ground.
- Instead of electric illumination for long hours go for traditional lightening of earthen lamps or diyas.
- Reduce the amount of things we use.
- Reuse the things we have in different forms until we have absolutely no use for them
- Recycle items that are no longer functional.
- Rethink the choices we make when deciding to buy something
- Refuse things that we do not need at all.
- All gift wrapping paper should be made out of recycled paper.
- Send out e-cards or text messages. No fancy Diwali cards.
How did you celebrate your diwali this year?
Send your stories and supporting pictures of Green-Diwali-2009 by 27-October on green-diwali[@]pledgeforgreen.com and win upto 5 t-shirts for your community from Scopial!
If you live in apartment communities in Bangalore, Delhi-NCR; you can also upload your pictures to your apartment gallery on CommonFloor
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous Diwali!